Features -- Portable Version
The "Portable Version" of PAUP* 4.0 is written and will be distributed in ANSI C. PAUP* will run on most platforms (architecture/OS) provided the source is compiled using an appropriate C compiler. Note: PAUP* 4.0 Portable Version does not print or save high-resolution trees. To print graphical trees we recommend the program TreeView by Rod Page.
Before the final release of Version 4.0 we are making a set of UNIX/VMS beta executables available for the following platforms:
- Alpha/Unix (OSF1, Digital UNIX, Tru64 UNIX)
- PPC/Mac OS X (this is not a carbonized application; it is command-line only)
- SGI/Irix (MIPS II and MIPS III)
- SPARC - UltraSPARC/Solaris
- Possibly others on request
Once the final version is completed, support for more platforms will be provided. Requests for new orders should contact Sinauer Associates, Inc.